Canon has gone above and beyond our expectations again with this game changing, highly anticipated digital SLR camera with full HD video capability! Canon has introduced the EOS-1D X, a new digital SLR camera that not only provides Special optical technologies like a capture rate of 12 fps (14 fps in Super High Speed Mode) and a powerful ISO range of 100–51200 (up to 204800 in H2 mode) for superb still images but allows you to capture video in Live View and autofocus similar to using a camcorder! Powerful dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors support continuous shooting and a newly designed 18.1 Megapixel full-frame Canon CMOS sensor means you will always get a great shot, no matter the lighting conditions.
Canon has also released a firmware update that expands the functionality of the EOS-1D X. This update improves autofocus and enables the camera to export uncompressed HDMI output to an external recorder. It also is still being able to record to internal CF or SD cards and monitor the video on the rear LCD display. Not only have they upped the ante with the sensor of this camera but they also stepped up their lens game! This camera is compatible with over 103 Canon EF lenses! This camera also offers built-in wireless technology and the EOS Remote app which makes sharing photos even easier.
Canon has heard and answered the call for a great quality full-frame DSLR and the EOS-1D X is it! The EOS-1D X includes a full-frame 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor that at a full 24 x 36mm, the sensor captures 5184 x 3456 large individual 6.95 µm pixels! The EOS-1D X has a standard ISO range of 100-51200, this represents a 2-stop increase in sensitivity over previous cameras! Canon has brought back the amazing dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors, which provides high levels of picture quality and faster processing. Faster processing allows for possible features such as continuous shooting and 1080p HD video. The dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors also enables you to capture and process data of images shot at 18.1 Megapixels at 12.0 fps, as well as Face Detection Live Mode, Full HD video recording, Auto Lighting Optimizer and Lens Peripheral optimization.
AF System and iFCL Metering
The 61-Point High Density Reticular AF is a new and improved Canon technology, made possible by the CMOS sensor. This new AF offers multi-zone wide-area AF, 5 central dual cross-type points, 21 central cross-type and 20 outer cross-type points. The AF system is also sensitive in extremely low-light situations (EV-2 for a central point with a f/2.8 lens) which means you get the best shot every time. The camera also offers a dedicated AF menu tab for easier access. The EOS-1D X also features Canon's multi-layer 63-zone iFCL (intelligent Focus Color Luminance) Metering System. This system integrates the cameras AF system into its readings by taking into account the color and luminosity surrounding the chosen AF points. The metering sensor enables evaluative, center weighted, partial and spot metering.
Along with all of the aforementioned features for the EOS-1D X, Canon has also given you more creative control, with customizable control options. The EOS-1D X has a dedicated Quick Control button that, during shooting, enables the user to change settings at a rapid pace and never miss a shot! During playback, pressing the Quick Control button enables the photographer to protect images, resize, and much more.
Image Capture Device
- Type - Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera
- Recording Media - Dual CF Cards (Type I or II), Compatible with UDMA 7 CF cards
- Image Format - Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35mm Full-frame)
- Compatible Lenses - Canon EF lenses excluding EF-S lenses
- Lens Mount - Canon EF mount
- Type - High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels - Effective pixels: Approx. 18.1 megapixels
- Total Pixels - Approx. 19.3 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio - 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System - RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter - Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion Feature - Self Sensor Cleaning
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom, Color Temperature setting
- Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation - Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels, Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
- Color Temperature Information Transmission – Provided
- Type - Eye-level pentaprism
- Coverage - Approximately 100%
- Magnification - Approx. 0.76x / Angle of view 34.1° (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (dpt))
- Eye Point - Approx. 20mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction - -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen – interchangeable
- Mirror - Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- Viewfinder Information - AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light), Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning), Flash information (Flash-ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light), Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, CF card information), Composition information (Grid, electronic level), Battery check
- Depth Of Field Preview -Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type – TTL-AREA-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points - 61-point (up to 41 cross-type points)
- AF Working Range - EV -2 - 18 (at 73°F/23°C and ISO 100)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- For automatic AF point selection, the AF point to start the AI Servo II AF operation can be selected.
- For automatic AF point selection, the active AF point can be displayed.
- AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo II AF automatically)
- Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection
- Single-point AF (Manual selection)
- Auto selection 61-Point AF
- Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection)
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: Up, down, left, and right)
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points)
- Zone AF (Manual zone selection)
- Metering Modes - 252-zone metering with approx. 100,000-pixel RGB AE sensor and TTL maximum aperture metering employed
- Metering Range - EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control Systems – Scene Intelligent Auto, Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, bulk and E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- ISO Speed Range - Manual setting range of ISO ISO 100-51200, ISO speed expansion possible to ISO 50, 102400 and 204800
- Exposure Compensation - Up to ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB ±3 stops)
- AE Lock - Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved
- Type - Vertical-travel, mechanical, Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speeds - 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.), X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release - Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer - 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Shutter Lag Time - Approx. 0.059 sec., according to Canon Inc. test methods and criteria
- Flash Metering - E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
- Flash Exposure Compensation ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock – Provided
- External Flash Settings - Flash function settings, Flash C.Fn settings
- Drive Modes - Single, High-speed continuous, Low-speed continuous, and Self-timer (10 sec. self-timer/remote control, or 2-sec. self-timer/remote control)
- Continuous Shooting Speed - High-speed: Max. 6.0 shots/sec. Low-speed: Max. 3.0 shots/sec.
- Maximum Burst JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 65 shots, RAW: approx. 13 shots, RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 8 shots
- File Format - MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM)
- File Size - Recording Size: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (SD), 640 x 480 (SD)
- Frame Rates - 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- Exposure Control - Program AE, Manual exposure
- Exposure Compensation ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Type - TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size 3.2 in.
- Pixels - Approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Coverage -Approx. 100%
- Brightness Control - Auto: Brightness adjusted automatically by the light sensor, Manual: 7 levels provided
- Coating - Anti-reflection, anti-smudge coatings
- Interface Languages - 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- USB Terminal - For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Video Out Terminal - Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable, mini-HDMI OUT terminal
- Extension System Terminal - For connection to optional WFT-E6A (WFT) and GP-E1 (GPS)
- Battery One Battery Pack LP-E4N or LP-E4
- AC power can be supplied with the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) - Approx. 158 x 163.6 x 82.7 mm / 6.2 x 6.4 x 3.3 in.
- Weight - Approx. 1530 g / 54.0 oz.
- Working Temperature Range 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range 85% or less
|Hot Collection Block||N/A|
- Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Eyecup Eg
- LP-E4N Battery Pack
- LC-E4N Battery Charger With Cable
- Wide Neck Strap L7
- Cable Protector
- AVC-DC400ST Stereo AV Cable
- IFC-200U USB Interface Cable - 6.9' (1.9 m)
- EOS Digital Solution Disc
- Software Instruction Manual
- 1-Year Limited Warranty