The PowerShot ELPH 110 HS Digital Camera (Pink) from Canon allows you to capture images with excellent image quality, features, and technologies. Shooting large 16.1 megapixel resolution images using the 35mm equivalent of a 24-120mm UA lens, it also employs advanced image stabilization technologies and techniques to ensure your HD videos aren't shaky and your photos aren't blurry. This allows you to capture clearer, truer images without unwanted blur or camera shake.
With its 16.1 megapixel image sensor this little camera is still able to capture poster-sized images at a maximum 4608 x 3456 resolution. This gives you the flexibility to enlarge or crop any section of your image for printing or sharing online. The lens incorporates Canon's ultra-high refractive index aspherical (UA) lens elements for reduced size and image aberrations. Digital Image Stabilization ensures those images are as sharp as possible and not blurred due to low lighting, holding the camera away from you, or aiming at a moving subject.
The DIGIC 5 Image Processor powers all of the camera's advanced systems and features--ensuring you get fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption. With it, the camera can have its enhanced picture quality and better ISO performance, alongside features like Full HD 1080p video, high-speed continuous shooting, Blink Detection and Super Slow-Motion videos.
In addition to the speed of shooting, the Optical Image Stabilization and Intelligent IS work in combination to deliver sharper and clearer images to your camera and memory card. Using multiple types of image stabilization, the camera selects the best and most appropriate method to capture your photo or video without distracting camera shake.
This PowerShot doubles as a Full HD 1080p camcorder that fits in your pocket. Capture more than a snapshot of your memories by recording all of them in outstanding Full HD quality. With the video capabilities, as well as the dozens of photography features, it is a feature-packed camera that likely takes up same amount of space as your cell phone.
- 16.1MP Image Resolution
- Capture minute details in the snow and the textures of a coral reef with the camera's 16.1 megapixel resolution imaging sensor, making your images rich and clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high resolution 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is ideal when you plan to create large prints, and also provides the flexibility to blow up and crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition.
- 24-120mm Equivalent Lens with 5x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- Just because it's a small camera doesn't mean it has to have a tiny lens. This PowerShot camera is built with a Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens, and a 4x digital zoom. The optical zoom starts as a 24mm wide-angle and can extend to its maximum 120mm telephoto zoom, when converted to their respective 35mm equivalents. This covers a wide and highly useful range of focal lengths that are great for landscapes, interiors, portraits, wildlife and event photographs.
- 3.0" Rear LCD Screen
- As large as some DSLR screens, this camera has a bright 3.0" rear LCD. Using a larger screen helps you compose images better, and provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it via the crisp 461,000 dot color user interface. A clearer screen means you can see more detail whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images.
- Pure Color System LCD
- Many LCD screens on the market today use a striped arrangement of dots that works great for text and menus, but is not ideal for images. The PureColor System LCD uses a delta arrangement of dots, which works better for the organic nature of photos and videos, allowing you to review your images with exceptional clarity with rich, true-to-life color. The PureColor System LCD is also ultra-durable to withstand heavy use in all sorts of conditions. Just as importantly, it offers clarity you won't find elsewhere. Outdoors in sunlight, color is faithfully reproduced, while a high contrast ratio ensures that you'll see exactly what you're shooting from any viewing angle. This makes it easy to frame shots quickly in tight situations.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- This PowerShot camera houses Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as high-speed continuous shooting, Full HD video capture and Blink Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Canon HS System
- Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlights and shadows. This HS system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor to capture more light, and a DIGIC Image Processor to reduce noise and processing time. The CMOS sensor incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range beyond other PowerShots previously released. The Canon HS System takes the frustration out of low-light shooting, delivering clear, blur-free images.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- With a camera that fits into your hand, you can often run into problems with camera shake, making photos and videos blurry or unusable. Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement before it even reaches the camera sensor. Because it is an optical system, none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers is present. This provides enhanced image quality in many difficult shooting situations, like low-light indoors or out, and even when using the maximum zoom range of the lens without a tripod. Shoot at slower shutter speeds and in more low-light situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity and introduce digital noise. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, clearer image before it's even recorded in your memory card.
- Intelligent IS Stabilization System
- Going beyond Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology in the lens, Intelligent IS detects and implements the most appropriate camera shake correction methods for any given shooting situation. When shooting still photographs the system automatically selects between Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod image stabilization modes. During HD video capture it automatically chooses among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. Using Intelligent IS you can concentrate on your images and let the camera worry about the most effective IS settings, giving you clearer photos and videos as a result.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with an HD camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot Full HD 1080p video anytime, anywhere right from the little digital camera. No longer limited to still images, with a simple push of the dedicated movie button you can record every moment in motion.
- Dedicated Movie Button, Wind Filter and Full Optical Zoom
- It's never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. There is a dedicated movie button on the back of the camera that lets you start and stop recording instantly. There is no need to go through layers of menus or operate switches or dials to switch to and from video recording mode. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. It also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. And unlike less sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras, you'll have full access to the optical zoom when you're shooting a video with this one.
- 100 - 3200 ISO Sensitivity
- With a range of sensitivities, it can shoot anywhere from a bright sunny day at the beach, to a dark room lit only by birthday candles - and anywhere in between. Choose ISO 100 when the sun is shining and there is plenty of light around your subject. This will allow you to have sharper and clearer images, with less noise due to the low ISO. When shooting at night or in areas of low light you can quickly turn the ISO up to 3200 and keep shooting despite the lack of ambient light.
- Smart AUTO Scenes and Selections
- Any photographer can appreciate a camera that removes some of the hassles of capturing beautiful images - especially one that is so compact. This digital camera features Smart AUTO: a sophisticated Canon technology that help to make great shots as simple as pressing the shutter button. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. These scenes are compared using 32 predefined shooting situations and the camera then makes the optimal adjustments to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you'll have to do is aim your shot and let it do the rest.
- Scene Modes and Effects
- You'll notice it is surprisingly easier to create complex photographic effects with the digital camera's Scene Modes. No special lenses, filters or editing techniques are necessary, just a quick change to the camera's setting. A few of these Scene Modes include Fisheye Effect for that classic rounded distortion, Toy Camera Effect that recreates the look of toy or pinhole cameras, and Monochrome mode that adds a distinct one-color effect to your photos. The rest include Portrait, Smooth Skin, Smart Shutter, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Soft Focus, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Underwater, Snow, Long Shutter, and Stitch Assist.
- iFrame Recording for Apple iMovie
- With the video capabilities of this camera you can also choose to shoot video in the Apple iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up the importing and editing of your videos. It keeps the file sizes small, which makes it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos to friends and family, or upload them to social media sites for sharing. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video programs, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions to other formats.
- Face ID, Blink- and Motion-Detection
- Face ID gives you an easy way to improve every shot of the people you love and photograph often. Photograph up to 12 faces you would like the camera to remember, then enter their names and ages. Once a person is registered, the camera will pick them out of a group (even against a busy background) and adjust focus and exposure to their face - even when shot to the side in profile. Face ID is particularly great for shots of babies and children. The system can pick your baby out of a group of children, focus on your baby when pictured with an adult, and capture their best smile by taking three successive images once a smile is detected. The flash is even disabled so as not to startle the baby and interrupt the moment. Blink, Motion and Subject Detection also works for those you don't register but merely shoot their photograph. You'll always have the focus right where you want it with these advanced technologies.
- High-Speed Burst Mode
- With 5.8 frames per second, you'll definitely be able to capture the game-winning catch, or the flight of a bird as it takes off. This high speed mode catches the action as it happens, and doesn't miss a thing. Normally it would be over in a blink before you got a single shot off, but thanks to the speed of this camera you won't miss at thing.
- Super Slow Motion Movie Mode
- The Super Slow Motion Movie mode records video clips at a very high speed so that when the clips are played at normal speed (30 fps), the action is dramatically slower. It records 640x480 pixels at 120fps and 320x420 pixels at 240fps.
- Movie Digest
- Capturing trips and special occasions with a high-quality video "highlight reel" is as easy as switching on the Movie Digest feature. When activated, the feature automatically records the four seconds before each photo you capture as a separate video, then auto-edits them together into a short movie. Played back together, the video clips capture the mood and ambiance of a special day in a way that's completely different from still images. The video is captured in 720p high definition so that it looks smooth and beautifully detailed when played back on your HDTV. With bundled software ImageBrowser EX, you can easily delete any scenes you don't want.
- Low Light & Handheld Night Scene
- Shoot in more locations, and at more times in the day, thanks to these performance enhancing modes that allow you to capture more accurate shots in the dark. Low light is great for capturing a candlelight dinner, or the candles of a birthday cake glowing in a dimly lit room. Handheld Night Scene does just that: shoot handheld photos at nighttime when you would otherwise need a tripod, or miss the shots entirely. Switch these on for the best performance in their designated situations.
- Smooth Skin & Soft Focus
- Capture your most flattering portraits yet with these modes that enhance the look of everyone you photograph. Smooth Skin removes fine wrinkles and harsh shadows, by carefully smoothing and brightening skin to reveal beautiful faces. Soft Focus creates a fuzzy ambiance that's perfect for nostalgic portraits, romantic scenes, wedding photos and more. The mode can be set to Low, Medium or High for just the right effect every time.
- Dedicated Help Button
- Find help no matter where you are, or when you need it. This digital camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, and its new Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu on the LCD screen any time you need it. Scroll through a variety of topics to get clear explanations, helpful shooting advice, and diagrams highlighting the position of any other buttons you need to find.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Having to constantly buy and store dozens of "AA" batteries can be cumbersome and expensive over time. This camera comes with an included, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can be reused for hundreds of photoshoots and videos. Not only does it have a battery included, but also a compact power adapter that allows you to recharge wherever there's a compatible power outlet. No matter where you go, you won't need to haul around additional boxes of batteries to power up your camera and keep you shooting.
- HDTV Playback via HDMI Output and CEC
- It's easy to enjoy and share the videos you shoot with this PowerShot digital camera. Simply connect its HDMI terminal to your HDTV using an HDMI cable. And because it supports HDMI-CEC technology, you'll be able to control the playback of your images and videos on any CEC-enabled HDTV using the TV's remote control. (CEC - Consumer Electronic Control - is part of the HDMI specification, enabling components in a system to communicate with one another)
|Allow Gift Wrapping||Yes|
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS Digital Camera (Pink)
- NB-11L Battery Pack for Canon ELPH 110 HS
- CB-2LD Battery Charger
- IFC-400PCU USB Interface Cable
- WS-800 Wrist Strap
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Limited 1-Year Warranty