The Leica D-LUX 5 Titanium Digital Camera (Limited Edition) is a new twist on the company's original D-LUX 5. With a titanium anodized aluminum body and a calf leather case, this limited edition model puts the quality, style, and of course fine optics Leica is known for, in your hands. You'll benefit from all the same functionality of the black D-LUX 5, while standing apart from the pack.
The D-LUX 5 is a compact 10.1MP digital camera with a fast f/2-3.3 DC Vario-Summicron 24-90mm (35mm equivalent) lens that is Leica inside and out. The camera delivers a range of features designed to give you brilliant image quality in a compact, lightweight camera - with sensitivity up to 6400 ISO, a bright, high resolution 3" LCD display, a large 1/1.6.3" CCD sensor, O.I.S. image stabilization, program and manual exposure modes, a free online download of professional software (Adobe Lightroom 4) for processing RAW files, and dazzling 720p HD video.
The D-LUX 5 has all the modern conveniences of today's digital cameras, like face detection and autofocus tracking, scene modes, multiple aspect ratios, and a built-in flash, plus a hot-shoe for an optional Leica flash, and a macro function that focuses down to 0.39" (1 cm). The D-LUX 5 is pretty much everything you need, with all the unmistakable Leica design you crave.
- Super-Fast Lens
- The Leica DC Vario-Summircon 1:2.0-3.3/5.1-19.2 mm ASPH is a fast lens with superior performance than enables high-quality photography even wide open - and is the ideal lens for available-light photography, i.e. the optimum exploitation of low levels of natural light. The range of focal lengths offered by this 24-90 mm (35 mm equivalent) zoom lens opens up even more creative opportunities for photojournalistic and portrait photography. The maximum focal length of 90 mm makes it ideal for frame filling portrait photography. In extreme macro mode, it is possible to capture images at a lens-to-subject distance of only 1 cm (or 3/8 inch)
- Image Sensor
- The 1/1.63" CCD image sensor increases image quality at the standard resolution of 10.1 megapixels. Even the tiniest details of any subject are reproduced with absolute precision. The color rendition is also absolutely natural. It allows the use of sensitivities up to ISO 12800 (with reduced resolution).
Depending on the image capture or review situation, the new D-LUX 5 can capture images in all four formats (4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1). These can be viewed and assessed in excellent quality before and after capture on its generously dimensioned 3" LCD monitor with a resolution of 460,000 pixels
- Innovative Clickwheel
- The Leica D-Lux 5 offers clearly laid-out functions and can be handled intuitively with its simple operating concept. Manual exposure parameters like distance, shutter speed, and aperture can be set quickly and easily with the innovative Clickwheel on the back of the camera. Depending on teh subject and lighting, the camera automatically selects the ISO setting, face recognition, contrast compensation, and the appropriate scene mode thanks to the intelligent auto mode, while also controlling the optical image stabilizer function
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 image processing software package ensures that the RAW image files delivered by the CCD sensor of the D-LUX 5 are "developed" and processed in the highest quality possible. From file import to the finished results, photographers have complete control of the processes applied to their images, and can adjust the white balance, sharpness, color, tint, saturation, and many other parameters after image capture.
Capturing and processing RAW image data is considered to be the best way of handling digital images. The advantages of RAW image files as opposed to JPEG or TIFF data are so numerous that many ambitious amateurs and even more professional photographers work with RAW data
- AVCHD Lite High-Definition Video Recording
- AVCHD "Advanced Video Codec High Definition" is a digital video recording format developed by Sony and Panasonic, and is employed in camcorders. Both these companies hold the rights to this format. AVHCD formats with a line format of 1080 lines (1080i). AVCHD Lite is limited to 720 lines (720p), and is currently a format intended just for digital cameras. The benefit of this compressed format is a higher compression rate in comparison with other video recording methods used today.
In comparison, with M-JPEG video, the memory-saving AVCHD Lite format for 720p video recording doubles the maximum recording time. The entire 3.8x zoom range is also available when shooting video. Users can segment recordings and delete unwanted scenes while replaying video recording. A further option is the selection and storage of single video frames as still pictures. Video recording is quickly started by pressing the record button on the top of the deck of the camera
- Scope of Delivery
- The Leica D-LUX 5 Titanium camera, leather case, carrying strap, rechargeable battery (Leica BP-DC 10), battery charger (Leica BC-DC 10), battery holder, USB cable, AV cable, power cord, lens cap, accessory shoe cover, CD-ROM with manuals in PDF format, instructions for product registration and software download
|Hot Collection Block||N/A|
- Leica D-LUX 5 Titanium Digital Camera (Limited Edition)
- Leather Case
- Lens Cap
- Battery Charger (Leica BC-DC 10)
- Battery (Leica BP-DC 10)
- Carrying Strap
- AV Cable
- USB Cable
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Software
- CD with Long Instructions (PDF)
- 2-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty