The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 Digital Camera (Silver) offers many features that help you take stunning photographs. Built into the camera there is a beginner-friendly Function Guide that helps you navigate through the various functions and settings displayed on the LCD screen. The camera is compact, but the 12.2 Megapixel 1/2.3" back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor will allow you to make large prints. The camera performs well even in lowlight with features including High Sensitivity mode with an ISO of 3200, Handheld Twilight mode and Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization.
For fast moving subjects, Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when motion is detected to help ensure that you capture the decisive moment. To really see your subject in motion, the camera can shoot 1080p MP4 movies. Both stills and video are composed and viewed on the large 2.8" (460K) Clear Photo LCD Plus display, which features a special anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility, even in bright sunlight. Even when shooting in a tight space the 24mm wide-angle Sony G 5X zoom lens will let you get your shot. With a maximum aperture of f/2.4, the lens is extremely bright and is perfect for low-light photography.
The 3D Sweep feature allows you to capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television. With the Intelligent Sweep Panorama feature you can also take 2D panoramas. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction, and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed and seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 265 degrees. Other user friendly features include Intelligent Auto (iAuto), Face Detection, Smile Shutter, Anti-blink, 11 scene modes, and many more. The DSC-WX5 certainly is an extremely functional camera.
- 12.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS Image Sensor
- The DSC-WX5 features a 12.2 megapixel "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera's Sony G Lens F2.4 bright lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined "Exmor R" CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor deliver extremely fast 10fps, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.
- 3D Sweep Panorama Mode
- Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode
- Capture expansive landscapes with Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode. Press the shutter, sweep, and the camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together. This model detects faces and moving subjects, and stitches different widths intelligently to help eliminate subject distortion.
- 5x (24mm-equivalent) Professional-quality F2.4 Bright G-Lens
- Capture the action up close with the 5x optical zoom. The 24mm equivalent wide angle lens of the WX5 allows you to capture more area in landscape or group portraits. This f/2.4 bright lens combined with the camera's 'Exmor R' CMOS technology makes stunning low-light images possible. Additionally, Optical Steady Shot Image Stabilization minimizes blur.
- 2.8" Clear Photo LCD Plus Display (460k pixels)1
- Compose and show off your images on the large 2.8" (460K) Clear Photo LCD Plus display, which features a special anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility, even in bright sunlight.
- Superior Auto Mode
- Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range (using backlight correction HDR technology) and lower image noise.
- Intelligent Auto (iAuto) Mode
- Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode recognizes scenes, lighting conditions, and faces, and adjusts settings accordingly, resulting in clearer images, faces with more natural skin tone, and less blur. By incorporating advanced features such as Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, iAuto mode lets you take advantage of the latest Sony Cyber-shot technology without leaving auto mode.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects nine different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight portrait, Twilight, Twilight portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, and Close focus. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Scene Modes
- The DSC-WX5 features 11 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity, Twilight, Twilight portrait, Soft snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Gourmet, Pet, Soft Skin.
- Backlight Correction HDR
- Shooting high-contrast scenes can often lead to washed out backgrounds and/or details lost in shadow. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking two pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best elements of both into a single image for more natural looking shots.
- Background Defocus
- DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting the emphasis on your subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background and applies a defocused background while keeping your subject crisp and clear.
- High Speed Shooting
- The DSC-WX5 can capture full 10.2 Megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that you capture the decisive moment such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, the DSC-WX5 employs a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- Tracking Focus
- Keep even fast-moving subjects in precise focus. Just touch on your subject in the LCD monitor and the camera will keep focus even as the subject moves closer or further away.
- Natural Flash
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
- High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Motion Detection
- Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Intelligent AF
- Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child's adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3-sec.
- BIONZ Image Processor
- The BIONZ image processor delivers the high resolution and fast performance you expect from a Sony digital camera. Fast processing enables unique Sony features, such as Sweep Panorama, to take and combine multiple images to create wide panoramic images.
- Function Guide
- This beginner-friendly optional function helps navigate through the various functions and settings displaying the description of chosen functions or settings on the LCD screen.
- Self-Portrait Timer
- Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- Face Detection Technology
- Sony's Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Anti-Blink Function
- It's frustrating to think you've captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Soft Skin Mode
- Your portrait subjects will thank you for this. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- HD MP4 Movie Mode
- In 1080p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1440 x 1080 high definition movies at 30fps, which is the format when working with a PC. Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in their Cyber-shot DSCs in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac. Once transferred to your computer, you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket, YouTube, and Dailymotion. (Compatible computer with Internet capability required).
- Media Card Slot
- For convenient storage and sharing of your images, the DSC-WX5 accepts Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media and SD, SDHC, SDXC media (sold separately).
- Viewing Modes
- Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes.
- Includes Sony PMB Portable 5.2 Software
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-WX5 makes it easy to pre-select images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular internet sharing site without the need for any additional software. Compatible with both PC and MAC systems.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.32
- Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using and external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (such as Facebook and Sony's Personal Space). Using the new 5.32 version also enables playback of 3D images taken on the Cyber-shot camera. With a simple mouse click on the 3D image it will shift to show different angles within the image, creating a deep, interactive experience.
- Compatible with PC and MAC Systems
- The high-definition AVCHD/MP4 video captured with the DSC-WX5 can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software for PC and iMovie (sold separately) for Mac systems.
- PhotoMusic combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
- Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera trimming, red-eye correction, and unsharp masking functions.
- TransferJet Technology
- TransferJet technology, developed by Sony and advanced and promoted by a consortium of 18 other companies, allows you to transfer files between two TransferJet enabled devices just by touching them together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication of pairing.
- Custom Background Color
- Express yourself and personalize your camera with your choice of black, white or pink background colors for the on-screen menus.
- PhotoTV HD
- Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable Sony BRAVIA HDTVs. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed photos.
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Included lithium-ion battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 115 minutes or 230 images when viewing still images with the DSC-WX5).
|Hot Collection Block||N/A|
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 Digital Camera (Silver)
- NP-BN1 Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- Wrist Strap
- Multi-connector Cable
- 1-Year Parts & Labor Limited Warranty