- 24-bit/192 kHz 4 x 2 USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps with +48 V phantom power
- Latency-free monitoring and intuitive operation
- Works with ASIO, Core Audio and WDM standard software
- dspMixFx Editor application for Windows, OS X and iPad
- MIDI I/O - 2 XLR/TRS and 2 TRS inputs, 2 TRS outputs
- 1 headphones output with independent level control
- Loopback function - For live streaming to the Internet
- Cubase AI and LE included - Intuitive production tools
- Rugged full-metal housing
Pay over time for orders over $300 with Affirm.
Steinberg UR242 4-Channel USB Interface
Be ready to record music in studio quality on your notebook, iPad or even iPhone with the UR242. With outstanding audio and build quality for its price class, the UR242 combines choice components with advanced onboard DSP-powered FX to offer solutions for a huge range of mobile production scenarios.
Built to Impress
The UR242 offers a perfect balance between three vital factors: quality, portability and cost. First-class components and integrated DSP-powered FX engineered to fit into a small yet rugged interface at an eminently affordable price point. Record vocals, guitars, MIDI gear and other audio equipment with up to 4 audio channels at once in pristine 24/192 quality, yet without making any compromises in terms of durability: full metal casing means the UR242 is ready for the rough and tumble of life of a mobile lifestyle.
Full DAW and dspMixFx Integration
The UR series integrates seamlessly with Cubase, yet also with just about any DAW out there. Just like the 19" rack model in the UR range, the UR242 offers latency-free monitoring with DSP-powered FX thanks to the onboard SSP2 DSP chip and the latest dspMixFx technology. This gives you a fully integrated DSP-based monitoring setup wherever you are and with whichever DAW you use. When running with Cubase, the UR242 no additional virtual mixer apps are required! All aspects of I/O handling and DSP management are handled directly from within Cubase. Once your UR242 interface has been installed, Cubase detects the device and automatically embeds it into the Cubase production environment.
- 24-Bit/192 kHz - Top of the range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality.
- Class-A D-PRE mic preamps - Yamaha’s highly acclaimed D-PRE preamp delivers a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this product class.
- Latency-free monitoring with FX - UR242 offers zero-latency monitoring with FX thanks to the included dspMixFx software with even tighter integration for Cubase owners with auto-setup, custom views, and much more.
- Basic FX Suite - UR242 offers VST 3 versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins offering useful sound-shaping and FX tools: the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, the REV-X reverb and Guitar Amp Classics.
- Rugged metal casing - Built by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR242 is rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road.
- Major recording software compatible - The UR242 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
- iOS connectivity - UR242 offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad and iPhone. When paired with Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis music app or other iOS audio apps, the UR242 offers a portable and effortlessly intuitive production experience.
- MIDI input and output - Connect your synth, a drum trigger module or whatever MIDI device you prefer!
- Loopback function - UR242 offers an easy way to streaming performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer.
- Cubase AI included - Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
- Cubasis LE included - Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad.