- 80B Grade Filter - Part of Tiffen's 80 Series
- Large, 62mm Diameter Blue Filter
- Corrects and Converts Color from 3,400 to 5,500 K
- For Using Daylight-Balanced Film in Tungsten Lighting - Higher Quality Images
- While Color Temperature Is Increased, Filter Has Cooling Effect
- Filter Factor of 3 - Requires 1.6-stop Exposure Increase
- Made with ColorCore Technology
Pay over time for orders over $300 with Affirm.
Tiffen 62mm 80B Blue Lens Filter
The Tiffen 62mm 80B Blue Lens Filter is a color conversion filter that lets you use daylight-balanced film in tungsten-lit conditions. Different kinds of light, whether sunlight/daylight or artificial lights like incandescent and fluroescent bulbs, have varying color characteristics. This filter adjusts for these variations to provide better quality images. The 62mm 80B filter converts 3400 to 5500K to correct film quality for tungsten light.
The 80 Series of Tiffen filters achieves color perfection with daylight film when you're shooting indoors under tungsten lighting without a flash. The Tiffen 62mm 80B Blue Filter converts the color temperature from 3400 to 5500K to use daylight balanced film in tungsten lit conditions.
This filter balances daylight film for use with photo flood lamps. The filter, which has a 62mm diameter, has a cooling effect with a filter factor of 3 that requires a 1.6-stop exposure increase to achieve normal results. It was made using ColorCore technology, in which the filter substrate is laminated between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinded flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounted to precision metal rings.